This post is just a few snapshots from our trip to Florida. We had so much fun and can't wait to get back ((and live there))!!
That first picture up top is the view from our hotel balcony at about 7:30am.
Somethin' about a pink sky and palm trees just makes me so thankful for a creative God!
Back up a few hours...this is us on the plane. (Don't mind my whacko husband who can't take a normal picture.) In my last post, I mentioned the fact that I've been at such a peace with this whole situation. And that's definitely true. But the second I sat down in my seat on the plane, my stomach began churning like no other, and I was on the verge of tears.
I wasn't sad or scared, I was just nervous, excited, and didn't know what to expect. But then Joshua and I played Ticket to Ride on the iPad, and I felt much better (especially because I whooped him!).
Moments after we arrived, we had to snap a picture. These Okies were pleasantly surprised by such a beautiful view! We're definitely going to be "tourists" for a few months. Although, I don't know if the view will ever get old to me.
|click on the picture to get a better view :)|
Okay, THIS is funny.
So our first night there, we got to have dinner with one of the associate pastors and his wife. After dinner and dessert, they took us to their house to hang out and meet their kids. Their oldest daughter has a pet tarantula! Somehow (and I'm still not really sure how) they convinced Josh to hold it. These pictures are the real deal. He was seriously freaking out. I thought he was going to wet his pants. It was HILARIOUS. Thanks for the laugh, McDaniel family. :)
Some other fun things on the trip:
- The pastor and his wife took us aaaaall over the county and gave us a wonderful tour of the place. One of my favorite parts...seeing all the shopping!! Seriously, some of the best shopping I've ever seen. (And someone at church told me there's a Vera Bradley outlet there.....!!!!!!)
- I totally ate alligator tail. For reals, people. It was actually quite tasty!
- We ate a lot. A LOT. We're really good at that. :)
- I was pleased to find that Ft. Myers has Target, 7-Eleven, and Chick-Fil-A. What else do you need?!
- Some waiters/waitresses looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for Dr. Pepper. This could be a struggle. But I think I will overcome.
And if you've made it this far and still don't know what's going on...
'twas a beautiful trip. The weather was fantastic. Let me tell you, landing in Springfield and hearing the pilot say the current temperature was 29 degrees did NOT make me happy after 4 days in 70 and 80 degree weather.
Anyway, we had a blast and can't wait to return!lindsay