Friday, May 31

lately.

Is it seriously the last day of May? I remember when it was April, and I thought May would never get here. Now it's almost over! Whew. It's been a whirlwind of a month.

Well, let's start from the top.


At the beginning of May, we were preparing for our move to Florida, so we had to say a lot of "see ya later"s. It wasn't easy, that's for sure. In the pictures you'll see some of our wonderful church family, my sweet education major friends, and at the bottom, my best Springfield friends. I'm missing everyone like crazy already!

Shortly after, our families arrived in town to celebrate my hubby's graduation! AND I got to meet my one-week-old niece for the first time. Everyone say hello to Alexis Jade up there. :) She's absolutely precious. 

On May 3rd, my super smart, incredibly amazing husband graduated from college! I'm so stinkin' proud of him, and I still cry every time I look at that picture up there. My emotions that day were straight up whack. I had a lot going on, okay?! We said "see ya later" to our families, and the hit the road to Florida the next day.


After a looooong two-day drive from Springfield, MO to Cape Coral, Florida with some of our best friends...we were still alive! It was so much fun taking a road trip with them. We had to stop at the Florida welcome center for pictures and free orange juice, and then we drove on to our house! ((I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be out of an apartment. Thank you, Jesus!)) The four of us hit the beach, and the boys went parasailing. We enjoyed spending a few days exploring together, and then we had to say "see ya later" to our friends. All these see ya laters are wearin' on me!

Our new church had a sweet reception for us including an awesome cake! We are so loving our new church family and so thankful for people who make a huge move like this much easier. I definitely feel much more "at home" than I was expecting.


We're starting to settle in now and find a routine. The kiddos at church are so awesome. I love getting to worship with them every Sunday and Wednesday. We are seriously blessed to be where we are.

Josh is in the office everyday, and I'm no longer a student or an employee for now, so I kinda feel lost. I'm really trying to enjoy all this free time I have because I know I'll look back on this season someday and wish I had soaked it up more. But too much free time means more time to think about how far away from home I am. So I try to keep myself busy with writing, sewing, and of course...the beach. :)
Oh, and being lazy with my puppy has been happening a little too often lately. Oops.


Now, if you know the Dryers at all, you know we love to eat. Hubs and I are in heaven with all these new restaurants at our fingertips. One of our favorite things to do is find the best places to eat in town, and we're already on a roll!

When our friends were in town, they introduced us to Rita's Italian Ice. PEOPLE. It will change your life. Especially the cotton candy flavor.
Down the street from our house is a taco truck much like one we loved in Springfield. Their fish tacos and chicken tacos are to die for. Cilantro, onions, cheese.........you can't deny the deliciousness.
Oh, and we can't forget my favorite so far. Downtown House of Pizza. Seriously some of the best pizza I've ever had. And look how huge it is!! I could live on that meal right there. No lie.

Anyway, that's life lately. It's been a crazy month, but a good month.
June is lookin' good. I get to see my family, and I. Can't. Wait.

Happy last day of May, y'all.

UPDATE: Linking up with Wild & Precious for Life Lately.

5 comments:

  1. This is a bit random, but I've been meaning to ask you, what are your favorite worship songs to use with youth?
    And I'm in awe of the taco truck. I want a taco truck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use a lot of songs from Kids on the Move (kids ministry at church on the move) and Hillsong Kids! They both have lots of great, great songs!

      Delete
  2. such amazing fun adventures god has you a part of right now!! excited for y'all!

    thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations on such a fun new beginning!

    ReplyDelete