Saturday, May 18

((waves of wisdom)) YOU.


Welcome back, friends. What do you think about the facelift? :)

Well, I'm glad you've joined me for this one because I think everyone (especially every woman) needs to hear this truth on a regular basis.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was sitting on the beach watching the water roll in and out. I began to notice all the beautiful shells and how intricate and unique each shell was. I thought back to a family vacation in Pensacola, Florida. I remember searching for shells up and down the beach and getting so excited every time I found one because it was so different than any others I had found. They all are. Unique.

Do you believe you're unique? Do you believe you have something special to offer to this world that no one else has? Do you believe that God has a specific plan and purpose for YOUR life that isn't like anyone else's? Do you believe God made you the way you are for a reason? Well, let me tell you...all of those things are true.

David writes in Psalm 139, "Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." ((vs. 14-16))

This absolutely blows my mind. To think that God knows every detail of our lives from start to finish is incredible. He sees the big picture. He sees the purpose of my life. He has a plan. For each and every one of us! Do you believe that?


Let me encourage you in this today: 

God made you. You aren't a mistake. You aren't an accident. You weren't a surprise. God didn't forget to write your story. He made you with purpose.

God made you to be you, not anyone else. How tempting it is to try to be someone else -- someone whose life looks easier, prettier, better. The problem with that is that we weren't created to be anyone else but ourselves. No matter how hard we try by copying, mimicking, and imitating other people, we will never be satisfied because it's not us.

God made you for a reason. Ephesians 2:10 is one of my favorite verses because it states this truth so simply and clearly. "For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." We aren't just on this earth to exist. God made plans for us! We are his masterpieces! He knows where you'll be in 5 years, 25 years, 50 years. He knows all the incredible things you'll accomplish for his kingdom. He knows all the lives that will be changed by you. He knows about all your wildest dreams.

Don't ever let the enemy tell you you're worthless. Don't ever believe the lie that you don't matter. Believe in your heart that God has a huge plan for your life. Understand that every last detail about you was created that way for a reason -- even the things you don't like! Don't try to hide yourself to be someone else. Embrace who you were made to be, and BE YOU.

God made YOU. He made you to be YOU. And he made YOU for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment