Sunday, January 24

A Little Bit of Encouragement

A few days ago I read Lamentations 3, and it really spoke to my heart. I’ve intended to blog about it since then, but I haven’t been able to find time. Even though it’s been several days since I read it, I still can’t seem to get it out it out of my head. It’s like God won’t let me forget about it. And I’m glad! The scripture truly meant so much to me. I want to share my favorite part of the chapter with you.


Lamentations 3:20-33 MSG
“20 I remember it all—oh, how well I remember— 

the feeling of hitting the bottom.
21 But there’s one other thing I remember, 
and remembering, I keep a grip on hope:
22 God’s loyal love couldn’t have run out, 
his merciful love couldn’t have dried up.
23 They’re created new every morning.
How great your faithfulness!
24 I’m sticking with God (I say it over and over). 
He’s all I’ve got left.
25 God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, 
to the woman who diligently seeks.
26 It’s a good thing to quietly hope, 
quietly hope for help from God.
27 It’s a good thing when you’re young 
to stick it out through the hard times.
28 When life is heavy and hard to take, 
go off by yourself. Enter the silence.
29 Bow in prayer. Don’t ask questions:
Wait for hope to appear.
30 Don’t run from trouble. Take it full-face. 
The “worst” is never the worst.
31 Why? Because the Master won’t ever
walk out and fail to return.
32 If he works severely, he also works tenderly.
His stockpiles of loyal love are immense.
33 He takes no pleasure in making life hard,
in throwing roadblocks in the way:



Isn’t God’s grace awesome? It nearly brings me to tears to think about it. I mean God just continues to give and give. Even when we make the same mistake day after day, His mercies are made new every single morning. I was reading the notes in my FireBible and it says “The Lord’s anger lasts only a brief time, but His great love never ceases.” That’s so encouraging to know when you’re struggling with something.
Another thing that I took from this passage comes from verses 25-33. When life gets hard, the answer is not to give up. When things get so overwhelming and stressful, we need to stop what we’re doing and pray. Worldly solutions will get us nowhere, but God can carry us through; and He will! I love verse 30 where it says “the ‘worst’ is never the worst.” The first time I read that I actually laughed out loud. It’s so true. I mean, when we’re going through something hard, a lot of times we blow things way out of proportion because we think it’s so much bigger than it is. We don’t see the big picture. It’s best to step outside of our own shoes and take a different perspective on it; a positive one. I know that’s not always the easiest thing to do. In fact, I’d venture to say it’s never the easiest thing. But, it is the best! God is always in control. He is the ultimate planner. He knows exactly what’s happening, what will happen, and why it’s happening. 
 This is definitely scripture that I’m applying to my daily life now. I’ve been reading this passage at least once every day. Everyday I get something new out of it. It’s exciting! I love the encouragement that it gives me. I hope everyone can take something out of the scripture and this post! Thanks for letting me share my heart with you. 
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment