Monday, January 4

We Exist for Him!

Wow! What an eventful weekend! New Year’s has come and gone, and now it’s 2010! I can’t believe it! I’ve been keeping a note in my phone so I could remember everything I wanted to mention in my blog. It kept getting longer and longer because our internet at home is down, so I never got a chance to blog. Now I’m at Joshua’s house so I’m taking a few minutes to say a few words (hopefully it’s only a few).


I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year’s! Mine was fantastic! Joshua and I went to the Thunder game on Thursday night it was an awesome game. They won by ONE point! After that, we had some Mexican food and watched the ball go up (instead of drop) downtown at Opening Night. People-watching was interesting to say the least. It was saddening to see how far away from reality alcohol can take people. Friday night, my family had a New Year’s party at the house where we ate Indian tacos and played the Wii! It was a blast! But the Wii Fit kicked my tail!

Like i mentioned in the last post, I started a Bible reading plan from youversion to read the Bible in a year. So far I’ve started Genesis and Romans. It’s only been 4 days and I’ve already learned and been fed so much! I really encourage everyone to have a plan to read every day. It’s so important to be fed daily! I was privileged to hear my dad preach on Sunday (usually when I’m home I work in the nursery), and he said something that I absolutely loved! He was talking about how when my mom’s gone, he misses her and he misses hearing her voice and seeing her face, etc. Does God miss hearing your voice? Pray, Pray, Pray! Don’t stop talking to Him!

I saw a tweet from Natalie Grant a few days ago that really popped out at me. She was quoting one of Mother Teresa’s prayers: “Help me to never disgrace my vocation by giving way to coldness, unkindness, or impatience.” I think that’s something we could and should apply to our lives daily and to the new year. If we all tried a little harder to be more kind and more patient, life would be so much better and less stressful! We all need that! I was listening to the radio the other day and a song came on that said “I exist for You.” So true! We don’t exist for ourselves, for our parents, for our friends, or anyone else but God. We exist to serve Him, to love Him, and to share His love with others. It’s not about me. It’s not about you. It’s about HIM. When you follow His will and obey His word, everything else will fall into place exactly how He wants it (and you know He only wants the best for you!).

A couple things to keep in mind…My roommate’s close friend lost his dad to brain cancer on Friday. He was only in his 40’s. Please keep the Weast family in your prayers. Also, I’m having my wisdom teeth removed on Wednesday. Pray for an easy and speedy recovery!

Have a great week!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment