Tuesday, June 1

Skittles and Peas

God knows me.


He knows my name. He knows who I am. He knows how I feel. He knows where I am. He knows what I need. He knows my heart. He even knows that I love skittles and hate peas! I find this very comforting because, even though He loves when I talk to Him and tell Him what’s on my heart, He doesn’t need me to. Because He already knows. In fact, He knows more about me than I do. He knows way ahead of time exactly what is going to happen in my life and exactly how I will respond. He knows every word that I am going to say long before it even comes out of my mouth. He knows every single decision I’m going to make way before I even know there is a decision to be made. Do you get it? God knows me. 


The cool thing is, He knows you too.


Need proof? Look at Psalm 139.


“I am an open book to you; even from a distance, you know what I’m thinking. You know when I leave and when I get back; I’m never out of your sign. You know everything I’m going to say before I start the first sentence. I look behind me and you’re there, then up ahead and you’re there, too; your reassuring presence coming and going.” (v. 2-5)


I love the last part especially. “Your reassuring presence…” His presence truly is reassuring. It’s comforting to know that God is always, always, always by my side. He leaves and never changes. We can rely on Him to provide for us, comfort us, and love us unconditionally without fail. I really love the way Shannon Ethridge puts it in her book “Completely His.” She says, “He wants you to allow Him to prove Himself as the magnificent lover, protector, and provider He truly is…He wants you to know you can never exhaust His mercies. He desires for you to feel His unconditional, indescribably lavish love flowing through every fiber of your being.“ 


Don’t go one more moment without knowing about, feeling, and accepting God’s love. Receive it. Embrace it. Reciprocate it.




No comments:

Post a Comment