Friday, September 10

Know-It-All

I got the privilege of hanging out with some amazing girls tonight. The girls on my floor are some of my best friends, and I don’t know what I would do without them. Some of them I’ve only known for a few weeks, and I already love and adore them like I’ve known them my whole life. We’re just a big family and it’s the best feeling in the world. When I’m having a bad day or going through a rough time, I have 24 sisters ready to hug me and encourage me. It’s fabulous. Nothing better.


But that’s all a side note. Back to my original point.


I got to spend time with some of the girls on my floor, and even a couple of girls who don’t live on my floor. It was really fun to just connect with them, laugh with them, and talk to them about life. It’s such a new and different feeling to NOT be the youngest of the bunch though. I definitely learned that tonight. I’m a sophomore now, and while that doesn’t mean a whole lot of anything, it does mean I have a class underneath me who I am setting an example for. Especially the freshmen who live on my floor, see me everyday, and see how I live my life. Tonight on the way home from Orange Leaf, one of the freshman who was riding in my car told my friend Audrey and I that she needed our advice. She started asking questions that were very personal, and to be honest, shocking. I know I never would have the guts to ask questions like she asked. But Audrey and I handled the situation very well (in my opinion, at least) and gave her biblical advice and tried our best to lead her in the right direction. 


Not only was this an experience for me to be able to help a friend or give advice, but it opened my eyes to what God has done in my life in the last year. See, I remember being her. I remember it well because it really wasn’t that long ago. I remember having the same mindset that she has and feeling the way she feels. But the cool thing is now I look back and see how much I’ve grown and how much I’ve matured. Even within the last month! God has totally changed my heart (and my life, for that matter) and it feels so so good. I am so thankful that God takes the time to teach us.


No human will ever have all the answers to life’s questions, but God does. And sometimes when we’re really struggling for an answer, all it takes is us trusting that God knows, and that He will never leave us wondering. Whether it be the answer we’re expecting or not, it’s always the answer that’s best for us. And whether we learn the answers in easy ways or hard ways, God knows exactly what we need and what we can handle. I’m so thankful He’s the know-it-all. Truthfully, we couldn’t handle it if we knew all the answers. It would just be too much for us to take in. 


The point I’m trying to make is this: When you’re struggling for answers, look to God first. You can always be sure He’ll have an answer for you. And also, take time to reflect on how much you’ve learned and grown, because it makes you even more aware and appreciative of the love of God. He makes it possible for us to be different everyday. Every single day we can learn something new and grow more mature in God. We just have to take initiative and ask Him questions. Put your pride aside, because you’ll never make it on your own. We can only do life with God’s help.

No comments:

Post a Comment