Saturday, December 31

Twenty Eleven.

I seriously cannot believe its December 31, 2011. Well, I mean, I believe it, but I think it’s crazy. In some ways, I feel like everything JUST happened. It seems like the wedding was last month! And it seems like I just got back from Africa last week! And it seems like the fall semester only lasted a few days (don’t we all wish)! But…none of those things are true.

This year has been one of the best years of my life. I mean, c’mon…I got married! To Joshua Dryer, the cutest, funniest man on the planet! I want to thank all of you who came to share our special day with us. I know it was hotter than hot, but it meant the world to us that you all were there! Hopefully you were able to enjoy a yellow snocone or a bag of candy (because I wasn’t!). ;)
Our honeymoon in Key West was unforgettable! I can’t wait to go back someday!!



Not only did we get married this year, but Joshua and I were so blessed to be able to go to Africa in August! We had an incredible time and got to do and see so many amazing things. The Lord really opened my eyes to so many new things while I was there. My heart was changed after meeting the people and hearing their stories. I will never forget the memories we made. Especially when the mean lady at the South African airport took my cuticle trimmers! ;)
A HUGE thank you goes out to each and every one of you who supported us financially or with your prayers. YOU are the reason we were able to go and minister to people in Zambia. YOU are the reason lives were changed by the power of God while we were there. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I have countless other wonderful memories from 2011 like being the matron of honor (that makes me sound so old) in my best friend’s wedding, getting a new nephew, Micah Jay, getting my sweet, adorable (and super crazy) puppy, Penny, and getting to spend ELEVEN whole days with our families in Oklahoma for Christmas Break. It has truly been amazing.

I am somewhat sad this year is coming to a close because it has been such a special one for me. But I can’t possibly be sad for long after I count all my blessings that I definitely don’t deserve. I am ultimately thankful for my Savior, my Provider, my God. Without His love, I would have nothing. God never ceases to amaze me!

I can’t wait to see what 2012 holds!
Happy New Year, everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment