Friday, February 10

There's a first for everything...

As most of you know, I’m home in Oklahoma for a few days because my dad had major surgery on Wednesday. He’s finally home and resting in bed, so I have some time on my hands. I brought my sewing machine along so I could get some wristlets made and try a few other projects! Today I decided to make an iPad sleeve. A few girls have suggested I try laptop/kindle sleeves (as I mentioned in the last post), so I wanted to practice and see how it’d go! So here is my finished product!





I love this fabric and have been dying to use it for something. It’s a light turquoise color with lavender birds and bird houses. The pictures just don’t do it justice. :)


I’m pretty pleased with the way it turned out, especially since it was my first try. The tutorial I used was pretty great! There were only a few things I didn’t like about it that I’ll definitely be changing for the next one. Also, it was supposed to have a flap with velcro at the top, but (long story short) it didn’t make it into the final product. You know how those “first tries” go. :)


I will most likely be selling these in the near future. I could make them to fit a laptop, iPad, or Kindle. First, I need to finish up the wristlet orders. I have 8-10 more to make. (I know! That’s a lot! You guys have ordered them like crazy, and I love it!!) Also, I’m trying to decided if I want to take orders for these or if I’ll just make them and sell them as they’re made. We’ll see! Anyway! I’m off to get ready for the day. Yes, at 2:30pm. Lazy days are the best! 


Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment