Thursday, April 5

Our Savior's Here!

I love love love Easter. I love everything about what we celebrate on Easter. There are so many beautiful worship songs that specifically talk about the death and resurrection of Jesus, and those are some of my favorite songs ever. One of my favorite things to do during the Easter season is listen to worship music and reflect on the lyrics.  I’ve been tweeting a few lyrics this week that have spoken to me and reminded me of the incredible sacrifice God offered for us through His son. This morning on my way to school, I was listening to Kari Jobe’s newest album, Where I Find You, because I wanted to listen to her song “Savior’s Here.” It’s a perfect song for Easter. A couple songs down the list is a song called “What Love is This.” I found myself in tears when this song began to play. This song has spoken to my heart in so many different ways. It seems like every time I listen to it, something new pops out at me. But today, all I could think about when I was listening to it was that Jesus suffered to give ME a chance at life. My mind is blown and my heart is overwhelmed with joy when I think about all He went through for me because I am so unworthy, yet He still loves me. I just wanted to share this song with you, especially those of you who have never heard it. If you have heard it before, I encourage you to really focus on the lyrics. I’m putting in bold the lyrics that I specifically loved this morning. :)



You never change. You are the God You say You are.
When I’m afraid, You calm and still my beating heart.
You stay the same when hope is just a distant thought.
You take my pain, and You lead me to the cross.


What love is this that You gave Your life for me
And made a way for me to know You
And I confess You’re always enough for me
You’re all I need 


I look to You; I see the scars upon Your hands
And hold the truth that when I can’t, You always can
And standing here beneath the shadow of the cross,
I’m overwhelmed that I keep finding open arms 


Jesus, in Your suffering, You are reaching
You thought of me

No comments:

Post a Comment