Monday, July 2

What a creative God we have! I love the way God will use anything and everything to speak to us. I’ve been feeling incredibly discouraged today. For the last few weeks, I’ve been having a hard time sleeping at night. I can’t seem to get comfortable (our mattress isn’t comfortable at all — but I’m thankful we have one!), it takes me a long time to fall asleep, and I wake up countless times throughout the night. Then, in the morning, I wake up feeling like I’ve been hit by a train. Whether it be a headache, back pain, or just plain exhaustion, it isn’t good. During the day, I just want to go back to sleep because I’m so tired. I’ve also been having migraines, which is very abnormal for me. I don’t really know what’s going on or why I’m struggling with this. I think it’s just a phase I’m going through, and I’m sure it will eventually work itself out. But today as I was driving home from cleaning a house, all I could think about was how tired I was and how I wanted to go home and go to bed. Then I thought of all the things I needed to do, and I became very overwhelmed and upset. While I was eating lunch, I was browsing Pinterest and ran across the picture above. I immediately started crying because I needed to see that in that very moment. 


I am so thankful that my God knows me and knows exactly what I’m dealing with. He cares for me and knows exactly how to take care of me. He shows up in the most unexpected ways to show his love and peace and encouragement. And most of all right now, I’m thankful for His promise to give me rest when I’m weary. I’m believing for a spirit of refreshment to wash over me so I can feel like myself again!


I guess this is just my way of saying this: whatever it is you may be going through that’s causing you to grow weary right now, run to Jesus, and He will give you REST. I was listening to a sermon by Robert Madu earlier, and he said, “If you can’t perceive it, you can’t receive it.” Believe God can, believe He wants to, and believe He will. I don’t know about you, but I sure am thankful for a God who is sovereign in all of our circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment