Sunday, January 22

My First Sewing Adventure: Pencil Pouch

Today’s an exciting day! And not just because it’s my birthday, although, that alone is pretty exciting! :) My family bought me a Brother CS-6000i computerized sewing machine for my birthday, and it. is. amazing! It has so many awesome features that I won’t bore you with for now (maybe in a later post when I know more about them). My mom helped me get it all set up last night, and today I decided to jump right in and do my first project!



Isn’t that owl pin cushion adorable?! My sweet mom made it for me! She’s the best! I think he needs a name.


I chose to do a pencil pouch because I already had everything I needed for it, and it looked pretty simple. The project itself was simple. It just took me forever because I’m a beginner with a brand new sewing machine, and I honestly have no idea what I’m doing. There were several moments when I came extremely close to giving up, but I didn’t! (At one point I moved to the couch and took a power nap with Hubs. I felt much better after that and jumped back in to my project.) I also went through almost an entire spool of thread because I messed up so many times. Good times, good times. Not.



After all the time and effort I put into it, I’m feeling very proud of myself for accomplishing something and not giving up! 


So here’s the finished product. Don’t judge my crooked lines. Remember…I’m a beginner.




I was a little nervous about the color combo between the zipper and the fabric. I only had two zippers that were long enough, so I asked Hubs which color would look best, and he chose this one. I think he was right! Even though it doesn’t really match, I think the colors look good together! 


And that’s that! I had fun (most of the time) making this pencil pouch, and I can’t wait to create more things! Now I must spend the rest of my birthday doing homework. Boo. I think I’ll eat some cookie cake to make it better.


P.S. I think I’ll be working on a bracelet to sell soon! Keep an eye out for it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment