Friday, January 20

Sugarholic

I’m not a crazy sugarholic.
Okay, that may have been a false statement.
I am a crazy sugarholic. And that’s why I was very sad when all of my lemon crinkle cookies were gone. SOMEONE ate them all!


Yeah, you’re right. It was me.


But that’s beside the point. Hubs wanted to try them in a different flavor, so I decided to go for it! Last night I made chocolate crinkle cookies, and they are amazing! I’m not a huge fan of chocolate (I know…I should have my “woman card” revoked for that statement. Wait…do we even have those?) I like to eat an occasional candy bar, but I don’t really crave chocolate like some of you crazies. I get my sugar high elsewhere. But if you like brownies, you’ll like these cookies. I promise. They taste a lot like brownies, and they’re super soft and chewy! And the bonus: they’re covered with a layer of powdered sugar all the way around!




The thing I love the most about these cookies is that they’re practically fool-proof. Like I’ve said before, I tend to mess something up when I’m baking or cooking, but both times I’ve made these cookies, they’ve turned out perfectly! So don’t be scared to try them. Unless you’re scared of all the sugar… I’m not.



As you can see, I had a very happy Hubs. And he had a very powdered-sugary face.


So go make these and make someone else happy! Or you can keep them all for yourself. There’s no shame in that.


Notes: I cut the recipe in half and it made exactly 2 dozen. Also, I didn’t refrigerate the dough for 4 hours (I am NOT that patient). I just put it in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes while I did some homework, and it was good to go! You just need it firm enough so you can roll it into balls without it sticking to your hands. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment