Wednesday, January 2

hello, 2013.

Over the last couple days, I've been praying about what my "New Years Resolutions" would be and how I could challenge myself. But in all sincerity, I really don't like the word "resolutions." I feel like it sets me up for failure. Haha. So instead, I'm calling them my goals for 2013. 
I love the freshness of a new year. A new year gives me excitement for a new start. I love setting new goals for myself to make the new year even better than the last. (How many times did I just type the word "new"? Woah.) So here are my 2013 goals:


(Yes...one of my goals is to graduate. One can only hope the day will truly come.)

Another thing I'm joining in on for the new year is the 2013 Siesta Scripture Memory Team. I just discovered the SSMT this week, and the more I looked into and read what it's all about, the more I fell in love with the concept. Basically, it's a bunch of girls joining together and memorizing scripture all year long. I won't go into great detail, but I highly recommend looking into it. Below is the first verse I'm memorizing:


I'm really excited about a new year. I'm excited to challenge myself, learn and grow, and become a better version of me. I really have no idea what this year will hold. I know I'm going to graduate college and be finished with school forever (well...until I get a teaching job), but the rest is sorta-kinda up in the air. BUT! I'm excited to go on a journey and see where God takes me! Because really, my ultimate goal for 2013 is to know and love God better. Above all else, He is the reason I'm alive, and as the new year begins, I am so hungry to draw closer to Him.

What goals are you setting for the year? What does 2013 hold for you? How are you planning to grow in the upcoming year?

No comments:

Post a Comment